So last night was bed time, as is every night. It was no different than any other night except Kylie apparently turned 16 instead of 6 on her birthday. I had told her to go to bed several times and she was being less than obedient. By the 4th or 5th time I was growing a little impatient. I "slightly" raised my voice at her, then I got this response. "Dad, why do you have to be like that?" I said, "Like what?" She said, "You're not being gentle and kind." So then I said, "What can I do to be more gentle?" Then she starts to give me a list:
"First, no spanking. Second, no 'timeouting.' Third, no hitting Rowdy. Fourth, no throwing Rowdy. And fifth, no poking small children with knives." Luckily she agreed that number five had never been done. We then made a deal that if she obeyed, then there would be no spanking or "timeouting." Two hours later, she finally went to bed. What quality parenting!!??
7 years ago
7 comments:
Oh Chad, that is funny! I can totally picture all this going on. She is way too grown up for her age. And we all know you really do like to poke small children with knives! ;)
chad - what are you doing with knives when jen is not around? - we miss you guys already!
Hi, Chad and Jen. Just wanted to say, "hi!" So..."hi."
that reminds me of when you threatened to break her leg, and she asked which one? good luck with her!!
I gotta say I'm glad that #5 isn't a serious issue. But I do agree with Kylie and think that it's an important rule.
Okay, I just found your blog!! I am so excited!! The girls are absolutely adorable!! And a Dad that blogs--how cool is that!! It is fun to catch up on your family, but who the heck is Rowdy? Have I missed something? Love you guys!!
Aunt Tonna
I'm so glad we are not the only ones with a teenage daughter, who by last count, is only 6! That is hysterical and completely relatable.
Also Jen, why haven't you taken the knives away from Chad?
Post a Comment