Monday, September 29, 2008

I am alive.... barely!

Casie, Brooke, Carlyn, Mom and Me
First, I must applaud Chad.
He blogged.
He survived a weekend without me.
The house was pretty clean when I got home.
And all of the girls were dressed and fed.
But better than that, they were HAPPY!!!
He was so nice to let me go and have a FABULOUS weekend in St. Louis with the girls. (Thanks, honey!)
We stayed up way too late and had way too much fun.
And, it was over way too soon!!

I am so grateful I had the chance to spend the time with them that I did. I don't get to see them all very often, but I just love every single one of them like they were my very own mom and sisters!
We spent some of our time being spiritually uplifted at Time Out For Women.
It was nice to be able to have a serious melt-down and cry my little heart out for really no reason at all -- surrounded by a bunch of other women who were doing the same thing! Sometimes a girl has just gotta cry!
Well, when it was all over, I came home and jumped right back into life.
I am in charge of the fluoride program at Kylie's elementary school and spent every waking moment I had working on getting that up and running. It was a much bigger task than I had anticipated. I had to organize the volunteers, contact them with their classroom assignments, train and certify them, create rosters of the participating students, get the classroom bags together - filled with fluoride and put in their place at the school.

Once I finally had the program slowly beginning, it was time to focus on the next big event: Craig going into the MTC to begin his mission to the West Indies!!! Saturday the 20th was his birthday and then on the 21st he spoke in Sacrament meeting. He did an incredible job! He was very prepared and his talk flowed very well. He truly is an incredible example to me -- even as the baby in the family -- he has taught me so much. I am going to miss him, and I'm not sure my girls are going to survive without him, but we all are so proud of the work he is doing. His time as a missionary for our church (www.lds.org) is just what the Lord needs him to do.
Tuesday the 23rd, we spent the evening at home with him and the rest of my family
celebrating his birthday and just having fun together.
Wednesday was the day he entered the Missionary Training Center and I've never seen a missionary happier or more excited than he was. He left us in the large room (all of us standing there crying) with a huge smile on his face and never looked back!
Sydney with Uncle Craig in the MTC
Taylor, Elder Craig Harris, Kylie (and puppy)

When all of the chaos finally slowed down, I sat back to take a deep breath and apparently filled my lungs with some kind of little cold-monster bugs. I think I had basically run myself to the point of exhaustion and those monster bugs made themselves at home in my tired little body.

I have been down and out for almost a week now and am now starting to see
the light at the end of the tunnel!!
Just getting dressed in the morning was absolutely draining and by the time 7:00 rolled around,
I was ready for bed. Today I have actually been able to get a few things done,
but I think it's still going to take some time to get caught up on the cleaning and laundry!
Yea! for housework!??!!


3 comments:

Devon and Brooke said...

cute new background! you have been so busy - sorry that you have been sick - hope you are feeling better - miss you and love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home and had such a great time! Get better soon, Chad should give you some good TLC! :)

I love the new background! Where do you get all of them!?!

Fab Five said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. It's sounds like life's been pretty crazy for you guys. I guess that's a good excuse for not calling us since we moved:) We miss having "Chuck" and "Office" friends now that the new season has started. Keep in touch.