So it has almost been 24 hours since Jen left me for a girl's weekend out. For those of you who haven't been following the countdown, she is in Missouri with my mother and sisters (that includes you, Brooke). I assume that they are having a great time, since Jen hasn't even called to check on me and the girls at home. Anywho, I thought that if I am going to be a good mother this weekend, then I have to do everything a real Mom would do. So here's what I've done so far. I got up early so I could get ready for the day before the kids woke up, then I got the kids up, bathed them, got them dressed, brushed hair (no bows, I'm not that good!), breakfast, and carpool. Once Sydney and I dropped Taylor off at preschool then we "ran some errands," we went to Home Depot, Wal-mart, and DI. Now we are back at home waiting for Taylor to get home. The reason I am blogging this morning is not because I think you actually care about my day, but because what kind of a mother would I be if I didn't blog about my day so all my friends could sympathize with me. So the rest of the day will probably bring house cleaning, laundry, and playing referee for my fighting kids after everyone gets home. The only thing that could make this day any more perfect is if I was capable of mixing all of this with PMS!!!
We are actually having a great time, but we miss Jen a lot. We hope she still wants to come home on Saturday!
7 years ago
10 comments:
Yay Chad! You go girl!...heehee
You are so funny! This all sounds very impressive. I think if I left Jer for a whole weekend I'd come home to a complete disaster, and he probably would have murdered the girls after the first day. I definitely won't be leaving him in charge any time soon! Good luck with the rest of the weekend!!!
Chad, You are a HOOT!!!
BTW, you are my families favorite "faux Doctor"!!! :)
What a hoot, Chad!! I'm glad Jen got to go, though. Every Mom needs to get to do what she is doing and every Dad needs to get to do what she does every day!! What a good doobie you are!!!
Faux Doc AND Faux Mom?! What's next... Faux President of the United States?!
You are one amazing gal, I mean guy. Wait, I'm confused now.
Miss you all!
p.s. Joel wants to know if BY-who won on Saturday. We just don't follow the smaller games. :)
Good work! I am especially impressed with the blog post...you still have some practicing to do though...where are the pictures? :) I'm glad you had fun with your kids!
That's my boy!!!
I'm leaving Nate for a few days next month. Since you've got it down, will you teach him to be a good Mr. Mom too. I'd LOVE to have him blog. You'll have to show him!
I'm so over Mr. Mom, when is the next post coming?
Laughing my head off Chad. You are so funny. What a good hubby to let your wife take off for awhile!
Post a Comment