Saturday, February 23, 2008

Here goes nothing. . .

Well, after a little peer pressure from our friends - who shall remain nameless, but who I "couldn't have done this without" :) -we decided to join the world of blogging. . . . I figure if nothing else, this will be a good way to keep a journal - something I have never been good at. Heaven knows I've got my hands full so adding one more thing to my to-do list might be quite an adjustment . . . but I'll give it a shot.

We're only a few hours into the morning and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long day. I've spent about the last 3 hours alternating my attention from Taylor to the dog and back again. If one is not getting into something, the other one is. I've closed the bathroom door about 12 times, taken away about 20 toys and 5 shoes that Rowdy thinks are his, wiped up 3 puddles of water Taylor created while playing in the sink, run up and down the stairs an amazing 32, yes 32 times (and no, I am NOT exaggerating!) started 2 loads of laundry, made 4 beds, fixed breakfast, did the dishes, cleaned our bathroom all while having a text message conversation with Chad while he is sitting quietly and peacefully -- probably sleeping -- through a lecture at some hospital in Salt Lake. And who in their right mind says being a mom is NOT work??? :) It's a good thing they're so dang cute cause in the end, they make it all worth it, even if they are the ones that make it hard!

2 comments:

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Oh, I hear ya, Jen! I may not have a dog, but my girls definitely keep me going. It's tough being a stay at home mom, but like you said, it's always worth it in the end.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Hey Jen,Aunt Lena here!
Glad you have a blog so I can check in on you and your cute girls! Loved the story of your morning.Isn't being a mom great!
I will continue to check in!
Aunt Lena