Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Picture Day

A couple of weeks ago, Kylie's school held their yearly picture day.
I sent her off to school in her chosen outfit, hair freshly done and told her to smile her best ... deep down inside praying for no spills, dirt from the playground or injuries from recess.
Well, the long awaited day came yesterday - Kylie brought her pictures home!
I love them! They are perfect!
Her hair looks fabulous, I love the new pose and she has a clean face.
But, she also looks like she is in a little bit of pain. . .
So, what to do?
Retakes? Just to go through all of this again for potentially the same result?
or
Frame it up and put it on the wall and smile every time I walk by knowing that some goofy photographer was trying the very best they could to make her laugh and her little teenage personality was thinking as she clenched her teeth and smiled the best she could,
"Seriously? You're kidding, right?"

7 comments:

Sherrie said...

That's a tough one. Jackson hasn't brought his home yet and I'm kind of waiting to see what happened with his as well...especially with the glasses.

So, I say keep them. You'll always have a fun memory. It's like you said; you can kind of tell what her inner monologue is like as she is struggling to keep her chin up, her arms folded, her head tipped plus all the advice that she got from Mom and Dad on the way out the door and the guy wants her to SMILE too?!?!?!

Tina said...

Keep it for sure! I love it!
Grammy

Kris and Q said...

Jen I love the picture and I feel the same way about Kailens. I just wanted to let you know I just joined the blogging world so our site is krisandq.blogspot.com

Chantz H. Davis said...

I think she is adorable!!!

Fab Five said...

I love it, but what harm is it to have 2 pix of yoru gorgeous girl... other than having to choose which one to frame?! I miss those girls, by the way.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about your question... who took our family pix. She is a friend of Joel's sister, Jessie, and her name is Alaina. She was great to work with and her prices are totally reasonably. Her number is 801-735-6467. I left a comment on her blog letting her know I gave you her number in case you call her. If you use her, we defintely want to see them! Miss you guys.

Jules said...

My kids were worse. We'll be at retakes for sure!

Keli said...

Jen... I would love to take some pictures of your girls. I need some more models to build my portfolio. Next week would be great. What do you think?