Saturday, November 15, 2008

Prayer, fasting and one year later . . .

Chad says his prayers and fasting have finally paid off.
I, on the other hand, am way more than extremely DEVASTATED!!!
When I found out, I cried. OK, not really. My eyes just teared up a little.
Here's what happened: One year ago, I purchased two tickets to
Celine Dion's Taking Chances World Tour Concert.

I have always been a Celine fan. I even bought one of her Cd's while I was in Paris more than ten years ago. Of course the entire thing was in French, but that didn't matter. It was Celine singing in French. It's beautiful! I really wanted to go see her in Las Vegas, but time, money, etc... just never allowed me the chance.
So, of course, when I found out she was coming to SALT LAKE on November 21st (this Friday), I absolutely jumped on the chance and bought tickets THE VERY DAY they went on sale.

Then, this morning, I get a phone call from my dad. He was reading the paper and came across this announcement:
Celine Dion forced to postpone concert
Published: November 15, 2008
The Celine Dion concert scheduled for Friday at the EnergySolutions Arena has been postponed due to the singer's illness.
The rescheduled concert will take place at the arena on Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009. Tickets purchased for Friday's concert will be honored in February.
Those who want refunds can obtain them at the point of purchase.
Dion is recuperating from a recurrent nasopharyngeal infection and inflamed vocal chords.

For those of you actually paying attention to my ranting, not only has the concert been postpone three months from now, it's on a S U N D A Y.
I have been taught since birth to honor, respect and reverence the Sabbath Day.
And, I know that my relationship with God is way more important than a Celine Dion concert.
But really?!?!?!?!?!

Life can be SO not fair!
(You can call me a two-year old if you want to! I don't care.)
So, if anyone out there in blogger land CAN go to a fabulous concert in
February 2009,
on a Sunday,
please let me know.
I will sell you my tickets.
If not, I guess I'm heading to the ticket office for a refund.
However, this battle is NOT over. I will see Celine Dion in concert one day!!!

12 comments:

Dr H said...

Chad's right...

Leesee Girlyfield said...

We'd be more than happy to take those sinful tickets off your hands. I LOVE CELINE... even on Sundays! :)

Devon and Brooke said...

that is not fair - but i am sending emails to her fan website trying to persuade her to come and sing for dad's 60th birthday party - maybe if i bug her enough she will come and then you can see her in person! tell chad to fast and pray about that! love you

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, I am SO sorry! I think the fates are against it, for now.
Maybe, maybe someday you will be glad you waited...Maybe!?!
Atleast you are teaching your girls the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy and being a wonderful example! They will always remember how their mom sacraficed something she really wanted for what was best!
Good for you!!!

Dan said...

Was Chad actually Fasting and Praying that Celine would get sick? That is cruel and unrighteous of him.
I am hoping he was fasting for a way out of setting through her concert!

Tina said...

Jen, I commented the other day and it's not here. Oh well, I'll try again. Mostly I just said that Dad would definitely feel your pain and be disappointed in his son. Good for you for keeping the Sabbath Day as you were taught. Now your girls will make that choice too.

Kris and Q said...

Oh Jen I am so sorry. That is really a bummer of a deal. If you want to I will accompany you to Fudrucker while you eat a giant one pound burger. Who knows maybe that experience could come close to a Celine concert.

Jules said...

Jen, you can rant and rave like a little 3 year old all you want. I'm sorry about the Celine concert.

Tiffany said...

I think everyone that has tickets to the concert need to protest its on Sunday, she is after all coming to UTAH, maybe if enough people complain they will change it to a Saturday? Sorry that's a bummer! We had tickets to Dave Matthews Band, they cancelled b/c one of their band members died, it was for our anniversary, Andrew was extremely bummed......

Case said...

You and Dad need to have a Celine party together :)

Anonymous said...

I need your email addy if you would like to view my new/old blog.
wilson6ohana@yahoo.com

Mamma Martin said...

I'm finally finding time to catch up on all of your blogs. How disappointing about the concert!! The girls are adorable!!!litaffe