So the events of the last few weeks have caused me to do some thinking (ouch!) about the world & our nation, religion & politics, faith & obedience, family & God's laws, and so much more...
Maybe I am naive, but I'm not afraid.
Yes, there are many sad, terrible and tragic things happening all around us. Natural disasters abound, the economy is unsteady, and the family is under attack. ("The family is ordained of GOD. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan." -- see The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
Yes, I worry and pray daily for my beautiful girls that they can be safe, make right choices, do good things and be good people.
Yes, I realize that Satan is casting his incredibly powerful influence over the earth and none of us are immune to that power -- which includes jealousy, hatred, discrimination, dishonesty and a whole slew of other horrible traits.
Yet despite all of this, I'm not afraid.
Know why?
I have faith in God and His plan for all of us. We are all His children and He truly loves all of us. Faith gives me the strength to obey His laws and move forward. Many times I do things out of complete blind faith -- knowing not why I am doing something other than the reason that I have been promised I would be blessed if I would obey.
As I was thinking about all of this today, a scripture came to mind: Doctrine and Covenants Section 65:2 "The keys of the kingdom of God are committed unto man on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth."
Do you know why I'm not afraid? Because I KNOW this is true. The gospel will indeed roll forth until it has filled the whole earth. My two little brothers are part of the fulfillment of this prophecy RIGHT NOW. They are far from our family taking the gospel to parts of the earth. As I obey and prepare as we have been counseled to do, I need not fear -- for "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30)
The Gospel of Jesus Christ stands firm in these days of confusion, chaos and contention. The one constant I have in my life in the middle of "CHANGE" is God's firm, UNchanging laws.
And for those unchanging laws, I am grateful.
7 years ago
6 comments:
Way to go Jen! We all need to have that kind of faith and just get to work! We love and admire you so much!
Amen.
Good job Jen! Well said!
p.s. needed to hear it
Thanks for sharing... my little testimony just grew a bit bigger. You're great!
Your comments are great and your testimony is inspiring. Thanks
You're awesome. I'm glad we're friends!
Post a Comment