Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The things we girls do for the sake of looking pretty!

Whoever said "a picture is worth a thousand words" was absolutely right! This picture was taken at the exact moment Kylie was getting her ears pierced. Although we explained to her numerous times what getting her ears pierced would entail, I don't think she really quite knew what to expect! She was brave though! She didn't shed a tear or make a sound and she let them do the other ear -- something I wasn't quite sure she was going to go for!

13 comments:

Tina said...

That's the cutest picture ever!!! And the video is awesome! It made me cry. What an amazing man! I hope I can remember his counsel also. Thanks for sharing! Love you all!
MOM

Becky said...

You guys are mean. ;)

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Those are some ginormous, scared eyes. I love it! (I love the picture... not the fact that she is in so much pain.)

Case said...

She is sooo brave! She didn't cry, and Hadley didn't cry and they are 5-6 years old. I got mine done when I was 8 1/2 and I cried for at least a half hour after.
I'm sooo proud of her!!

Case said...

Hey...go to my blog and click on Krafty Katrina from my friends list. Your recipe is famous!!

Jules said...

Those big scared eyes made me laugh so hard. Is something wrong with me that I can laugh at someone else's pain? Way to go Kylie for being so brave.
Jules

Devon and Brooke said...

that picture is classic - is she still liking her earrings? all hadley wants to do is change hers to pink flowers! - so funny! she was so excited that Kylie got hers pierced too! This summer we'll have to take them earring shopping when y'all are here! love you!

Case said...

brooke said y'all..hehe. The chili verde was hit...but i didn't make enough I don't think...I was hoping for leftovers:(

Lis said...

LOVE THAT PIC!! CLASSIC! I still can't believe we missed seeing Ky! (And you too Chad!!) We need to plan something!! You know, because we're rich and all! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I found your link through Julie M. I hope you don't mind. Your blog is SOOO cute! How and where do find the CUTE backgrounds? I just started doing this and I am pretty much clueless!
I need help! Come over and visit my blog. It is: Lift Up Your Voice and Sing Alto.

Lisa Wilson

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

She is adorable!! I'm loving this picture! I remember getting mine pierced, and I think it didn't hurt but I said it did so I could get some children's Tylenol. That stuff tastes so good! Thank you Flintstones!

Case said...

I have left too many comments on this post...maybe you should post again so I have somewhere to start fresh!

Kates said...

That face captures it all. She is darling. And soooo brave!!!