Girls,
I love you so much and really just want to share my testimony with you so that one day, when you want to know for yourselves what life really is all about and if it's all true, you can know that I have a testimony of our Savior and His gospel and use that as a building block for your own testimonies.
Daddy and I were able to go to the Conference Center Saturday morning for the Solemn Assembly and sustain Thomas S. Monson as the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He IS the true and living Prophet of the Lord. I know he has been prepared for this time to lead and guide us. Joseph Smith saw God and His son, Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove on that beautiful spring morning when he prayed to know for himself what was really true. In a couple of months we will have the chance to visit Nauvoo and I don't know if you're going to be old enough to remember the spirit you will feel there, but I pray your hearts will be touched and you will always have a testimony of the Prophet Joseph. He and his brother Hyrum are very dear to me and our family -- I hope you will always feel the same and respect them and their lives and sacrifices.
During Conference, I felt the Spirit testify to me about the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my Savior atoned for me and the mistakes I make every single day as a wife, mother, daugther and friend. How grateful I am to know that He loves me enough to have suffered and sacrificed His life for mine. I know that He was resurrected and that He lives again. He has blessed our lives more than we can ever really know and much more than we can ever give back.
During this session of Conference, I had prayers answered through the voices of His servants. I have a testimony of the sacredness of motherhood. I am eternally grateful that I am a mother and that God has blessed me with three of His most beautiful, choice daughters. I feel so unqualified to be your mother and to teach you the things you need to know. Being a mom is something I have wanted to do since I was a girl and I am so grateful to have been blessed with a calling so sacred and important . . . but it's so hard. There are so many things about being a mom that I don't understand and there are so many things that as a mother I wish I could do over and try again. I hope as you get older you understand that your Dad and I are not perfect, and that we are just trying to humbly do what the Lord wants us to do to raise a righteous family.
I love you girls. You are so good and so pure. Each of you are so different and have such wonderful spirits about you. I look forward to watching each of you grow and build your testimonies.
The Book of Mormon is true. It was written for us to guide us back to our Father in Heaven. Read it often and cherish every moment you spend reading it. The Savior lives and loves us. The Plan of Salvation is real. We can be together forever as a family because of the sacred ordinances of the temple. I love your daddy and am so grateful for him and the priesthood he holds. He his such a sweet, loving, thoughtful man whom I admire and respect. He honors and respects me and will always be the man of my dreams!
Always remember that you are children of a King and that makes you princesses! I love you!
Love,
your Mom
7 years ago
4 comments:
Jen,
You have a sweet testimony. What a wonderful, sacred experience you had. I am happy for you.
~Lisa
You're awsome! Good mommmying. I'm grateful to have you live close!
You are so amazing, Jen! I think you are such a good mom and admire the things you do.
Okay, I'm crying buckets right now! I'm so thankful my grand daughters have such a good mom. And that Chad was blessed to find you and make you his wife!
We love you!!!
MOM
Post a Comment