Monday, April 14, 2008

The Sounds of Summer

Being the sweet angels that my girls are, in all of their playing and fun, have lost my camera. So until it is found, I will have no new pictures to add to my blog -- which, is really sad today considering the pictures I could have taken!

So I was in the house doing my motherly things, you know, laundry, laundry, cleaning, baking and more laundry, when my ears heard the sweet sounds of summer: the girls in the backyard screaming with delight . . . and the water running. "Fabulous", I thought. "Our new patio furniture is going to be soaking wet and it's only been put together for less than a day. Or, even worse, the trees we just planted a week ago have been flooded and the sandbox is full of water and the girls are going to be covered in a muddy sandy mess."

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I walked out to the backyard and the girls were all in their swimsuits (yes, even Sydney. I don't know how they all got into them without me noticing, but stuff like that seems to happen around here a lot) and they were running through the sprinkler that Kylie had set up and turned on!!! And they weren't fighting!

But, the best part of all was what they were screaming. And I have NO idea where they got this, but it was super cute to listen to! "Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!" It was like they had just experienced their first day of summer break after a long year of school. It kinda reminded me of HSM2: "summer. summer. summer." It's just too bad that they have another month and a half of school and our 80 degree weather will be gone tomorrow!!

Anyway, I wish I could have taken pictures of the three of them having so much fun together so that when they grow up they can remember more days like this. . . like I wish I could! :)

2 comments:

Case said...

I love summer! And I do wish you had pictures...it sounds like they had a blast! And I am glad that there was no mess for you to clean up! I know how they feel though....it is so nice to get to go outside finally, I totally feel free on those days because I'm not stuck inside the house.

Case said...

oh...and i looovvvveeeee your background! where did you get it?