Every once in a while you come across something that really touches your heart and will stay with you for as long as you can remember . . . Something that teaches you about living and love and reminds you what this life is really all about. Well, this happened to me recently and has been on my mind for the last several weeks.
For as long as I can remember, I have absolutely loved the beautiful music of Paul Cardall. His piano arrangements of hymns and other music he's written have filled our home at least weekly, if not for a few moments every day. A couple of weeks ago I came across his blog through a blog of a friend. There is a long history that I won't go into, but Paul is waiting ever so patiently (and has been for over 200 days) for a heart so he can have a heart transplant. Reading through his blog has taught me so much about humility and love and the tender mercies of the Lord ~ that I have been brought to tears on many occasions becuase the Spirit has touched my heart.
I am so grateful for all that we have been blessed with. I know the blessings the Lord has given us are countless and I am truly grateful that my family is healthy. I am also grateful and humbled by what I am able to learn from the experiences of others who are willing to share their joys and sorrows with others. The Lord puts people on this earth so we can help each other and teach each other and for that, I am truly thankful.
I know I probably won't be ever to thank Brother Cardall personally for bringing the Spirit into my home through his music, or for what he has taught me through his trials, but I can at least try to take some of that with me every day and try to be better and do better. I will always be grateful that I have the knowledge that a loving Heavenly Father knows me and will not leave me comfortless or alone.
If you have time, check it out: Paul Cardall's blog
7 years ago
7 comments:
Thanks.
I too have long enjoyed Paul Cardell's music. I did not know that he had a heart condition. Reading his blog brought back some memories of our grandson and the problems he has had. After one open heart surgery little Zane is doing good now, but my heart goes out to those who continue to struggle. thanks again for sharing.
My hubby sent me Paul Cardall's blog link this morning. I was moved. I think that his perspective is one that we take for granted. Here's a quote I especially liked -- "I don’t wish dying on anyone. But, if we could think about our own death for 2-3 minutes each day I believe we would see the world differently. If we thought of what life would be like without that certain someone how would we treat them?"
Amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Wow!! Beautifully said!!
What a great blog! I have one of his hymn piano books and love it. Bryan asks me to play "Oh how lovely was the morning" over and over again. He is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
I don't know Paul's music but I will check it out.
"I am able to learn from the experiences of others who are willing to share their joys and sorrows with others. The Lord puts people on this earth so we can help each other and teach each other and for that, I am truly thankful."
I agree with this and am too grateful for all that others have taught me through their experiences.
I also like the quote at the top of your page!!! I like to come here just to read that. Thanks for having it here.
Jen
I keep meaning to call and just never find the time but wanted to let you know that it is reasonably common to have a false negative test for Celiac Disease. The only sure test is an Endoscopy. Not fun I know but just a suggestion in case you are still having problems.
Sunnie
Post a Comment